When you fall in love with someone and are captivated by all their beauty, you find yourself becoming completely reliant on this person to make you feel that blissful kind of happiness. We’ve all been there before. Whether you’re simply infatuated by the idea of that person or head over heels in love with everything about them, there’s a strong risk. When you’re young, more than likely this type of love won’t last forever. Recovering from losing that happiness can be heartbreaking and exhausting. You feel as if you’ll never find that type of love and happiness in your life ever again. We all make the mistake of depending on someone to make us feel happy so that gut-wrenching feeling of losing them makes you feel like your entire world is coming to a screeching halt.
1. Time heals all wounds. Learning to create your own happiness is the key to living an extraordinary life. For those of you reading this, I hope my words can influence you to look at yourself in the mirror and know that you can be happy, with only you to thank.
2. Life is beautiful. Every single day is a new day for you to find beauty in all the little things in life. Take advantage of what your life has to offer you.
3. Knowledge is empowering. Learn something about all the interesting people that surround you every day and open your eyes to all the opportunities your life has to offer. There are billions of people alive today; get to know them.
4. The inner strength you possess can achieve anything. Life tests us all each and every day. You are strong, embrace that.
5. Showing gratitude goes a long way. Never stop telling the important people in your life that you appreciate all that they do for you. Tell them you love them more than anything. You never know when one of those important people will walk out of your life.
6. You can have a healthier mind. Your health improves within your mind, body and soul when you create happiness for yourself. You no longer need another person to put a smile on your face because you can do that all on your own.
7. You should challenge yourself. Take risks. Go out of your comfort zone. Life is too short to live in fear of challenging yourself and trying something new.
8. The past is in the past. We all have made mistakes. We are all beautifully flawed. Don’t dwell on your past, nothing good will ever come from it.
9. Expecting happiness will get you nowhere. Nothing in life comes easy, especially not happiness. You have to work for it. Figure out what puts a smile on your face and never let it go.The beauty you possess is unstoppable. Discover how to love yourself before allowing anyone to love you. You should be your number one fan, no one else.
10. Life never stops moving, and that’s a good thing. It’s an endless roller coaster full of twists and turns. Life won’t stop when someone else stops’s being there and there’s a reason for that. Relying on someone for your own happiness is like the uphill part of the roller coaster. As you sit there raising in excitement you start believing someone else can carry you through everything. But eventually in life, you hit the top and begin speeding downhill. Then you look around realize that you’re the only person sitting in the cart and for a good reason. You are alone on the roller coaster of life because that’s how you find inner strength. That’s how you find yourself, and that’s okay. Being alone is okay. Focusing on you is okay. You will never forget the people you fell in love with and the happiness that they brought you, but eventually you realize you’re the best provider of your own joy. There is nothing wrong with that.
The most important thing you realize when you create your own happiness is that it’s all yours and no one can take that from you.
More About the Author
- Morgan is little sister to the founder of HerTrack.com and a college feshman eager to begin blogging. She grew up in a small town and has big dreams. She's currently pursuing a business degree at Kutztown University and plays on the field hockey team. Morgan spends her free time indulging in every Netflix series imaginable and cuddling every cat in sight. She loves meeting and getting to know new people.