A lot of who we become is founded on the lessons we learned as kids. Pets also taught us a thing or two about life that other people just don’t seem to understand…
1. The phrase “too many pets” is completely subjective.
Mom, this actually getting out of hand the neighbor lady thinks I’m a dog walker for extra cash…
2. Leaving drinks unattended for any amount of time essentially means they’re up for grabs.
It’s fine, I wasn’t drinking that or anything.
3. The same goes for food.
Can I go to the bathroom without getting my pizza eaten or is that too much to ask?
4. Pets sometimes get more pampering than you do.
OK a manicure was too expensive but Whiskers gets another new collar. I see you mom. I see you.
5. Alarms aren’t necessary because animals are hungry at 6AM.
Waking up early has never been an issue for you, as it’s usually involved fur in your face.
6. Animals are more confident in their abilities than you will ever be.
Which leads to some pretty hysterical behavior on their part.
7. When you have friends come over that really aren’t into animals, they are naturally your pet’s new favorite person.
It’s like they can sense it.
8. Rules are sometimes made to be broken.
“HEY! GET OFF THE.. uh, whatever screw it.”
9. Whenever you’re busy, they’re ready for some bonding.
10. Whenever you’re trying to cuddle, they have places to be.
The realest pet situation I have ever seen in meme form is illustrated above. That’s life.
11. It’s OK to be unique.
Judge me, I dare you. My bird doesn’t care what you think.
12. Personal space is a myth.
Downward dog means something entirely different with an actual dog in your face…
13. The lint brush is a necessary instrument for success and happiness.
Drake, we understand your struggle is worth it for the cuteness of your puppy.
14. Above all, growing up with pets teaches you patience, flexibility, responsibility and how much joy snuggling up with a furry creature can actually bring to your life.
PET LOVERS UNITE.
More About the Author
- Lexi is the founder of HerTrack.com. She is also an SEO Nerd living in New York City with her cat and collection of cheesy coffee mugs. Lexi contributes to a number of online publications and is always trying to get involved in the conversation. She's an advocate for equality, knowledge, healthy relationships, compassion, self-confidence, integrity and above all, love. She's addicted to caffeinated beverages and people who make her smile.
- DIY2017.10.0413 Cute & Easy Halloween Costumes That Won’t Break the Bank
- Her Creativity2017.08.1514 Personal & Creative Ideas For Small Apartment Decorating
- fashion2017.08.0515 Classy and Casual Work Outfits For Hitting the Office in Style
- Featured Content2017.08.016 Changes For Really Becoming a Healthier, Happier Person