I am a firm believer that coconut oil can heal and cure almost anything and everything. I use it in my daily routine at least 4 or 5 times and have seen amazing results and improvement. The best part is, it’s all natural. I swear to you, this stuff is magic. If I could marry coconut oil, I would. It’s that great and here’s why:
1. You can use it when cooking.
Replace vegetable oil in recipes and cooking for a healthy alternative.
2. You can substitute it for a coffee creamer.
Consume your healthy fats first thing in the morning by emulsifying coconut oil in the blender and add a dash of vanilla and stevia for a creamy caffeinated beverage.
3. It can be used as a moisturizer.
You’ll be smelling like a tropical Pina colada with this natural lotion you can put on your whole body.
4. It can be used to prevent stretch marks.
The effects of pregnancy and carrying that baby in your stomach for 9 months can do a number on your belly. Coconut oil is a perfect option to lather on and watch the stretch marks diminish.
5. It can prevent and cure yeast infections.
One suggestion is soaking a tampon in coconut oil and inserting the tampon for a few hours. I’m not joking, this is actually a thing, and it works.
6. Use it for a natural lip balm.
Suggested if you want smooth, coconut kisses.
7. It can be used as a conditioning hair mask.
Don’t settle for expensive deep conditioners from the salon. Rub coconut oil into your dry hair, put a shower cap on and leave in for a few hours.
8. It can help speed up the healing process of a sunburn.
Once the initial heat from the sunburn is gone, slap some coconut oil on to hydrate and relieve the pain of the burn.
9. Use it in place of shaving cream.
A perfect way to shave and moisturize in just one step. Be careful though because once coconut oil hardens it can clog the drains of sinks and showers.
10. It can help resolve acne and reduce appearance of scars.
When used in your daily routine, it can help with that stubborn acne and the scars it leaves behind.
11.You can use it as a natural whitening toothpaste.
Combine it with baking soda or use it by itself for toothpaste that whitens and remineralizes your teeth. Say goodbye to Crest white strips.
12. Evidence shows that the beneficial fats can help with depression and anxiety.
The antioxidants in virgin coconut oil can be a perfect natural remedy.
13. It can help speed up weight loss when consumed daily.
Studies show that coconut oil can help reduce waist size.
More About the Author
- Sydney Snelten is a born and raised Utahn studying Public Relations at Utah Valley University. When she’s not writing in a journal, reading a book, or blogging she is jamming to country music and drinking coffee. She is the biggest Disney freak out there and an avid cat lover. The Bachelor and churros are her guilty pleasure. She just recently entered the blog world and hopes to inspire people far beyond just Utah with her sweet words of wisdom.