- Why it’s totally necessary to scream when “your song” comes on at a party.
- The fact that life can and does pull you a million miles away from each other, but your friendship doesn’t wither. Distance only makes the time you do have together more special.
- The nicknames you use for people.
- The things that you each like most about yourselves.
- Your deepest insecurities.
- Why you all have to awkwardly hide from certain people you see in public.
- The perfect time to make easy mac.
- The fact that it’s always the perfect time to make easy mac.
- When to let you get all wrapped up in your boyfriend and when to be with you 24/7 when it doesn’t work out.
- Your sense of humor.
- The fact that you’ll never actually pay each other back for anything, but it all equals out in the end.
- How to reason with you when you are inconsolably upset.
- How essential it is to watch your TV shows together.
- The severity of the crime that is watching a new episode without your friends present. You watched American Horror Story without me?! Dead. To. Me.
- What snacks to buy when you need to cope.
- What alcohol to buy when you need to cope.
- The in’s and out’s of your love life. They know every detail, even the parts they wish they didn’t.
- The importance of your little preferences. They would never get mayo on your sub at Subway.
- The amount of time it’s really going to take you to get ready when you say twenty minutes.
- The loves you never really got over.
- The right moments to tell you when you’re being an idiot.
- The right moments to tell you that everyone else is being an idiot.
- The fact that you’re always going to defend each other regardless.
- How somewhat tragic your taste in guys can be.
- Your weird obsessions, like with Jesse McCartney or the red Skittles.
- How completely normal it is to scream at each other one second and then be laughing the next.
- The fact that when someone says “don’t tell anyone” that excludes your best friends, of course.
- The way you and your mom argue, because you each have no shame doing so with your best friends in the room.
- How great of a shower singer you truly are.
- The Taylor Swift songs to play for the state of your current love life. They wouldn’t dare play “Love Story” after a break up. It’s an instant “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” and “22” jam session.
- The same stories you are always going to tell over and over and expect them to laugh at every time. They know the stories, they still laugh.
- The reasons why you love them. Because even in the mass chaos of being a young adult, your best friends know you’re always going to be there for each other. They’re always going to be your soul mates.
You might also like
4 Mins read
November 13, 2014
2 Mins read
September 10, 2014