People are like puzzle pieces. You search and search for the right ones. You pick up a few that don’t fit, and frustratingly place them back in the pile. A few fall on the floor, and you seemingly lose them forever at that point. A few feel absolutely impossible to find. But sometimes, a piece just fits. You don’t have to rotate it around. You don’t have to force it into the space. It just falls into place seamlessly. Sometimes, relationships are like that too. Sometimes, you just fit, and it’s incredibly clear that you are supposed to be that way.
1. Your personalities compliment each other well, and you bring out the brightest, most comfortable versions of each other.
2. You appreciate and are genuinely interested in each other’s passions.
3. You get along simply as friends, naturally and easily. Even when you do disagree, i’ts clear that you’re working towards the same goal, each other’s happiness.
4. You can just talk and be entertained and content with your own playful banter.
5. You have similar values and beliefs that you both stand by.
6. You enjoy the same things, and introduce each other to new interest and hobbies.
7. You don’t conflict on major issues, but are open to discussing the opinions that matter to each of you.
8. They make you laugh without trying.
9. You don’t have anything that’s worth being mad at each other about for longer than an hour…if that.
10. You trust each other. Even at the core of your insecurities, you know they’re the person you can depend on.
11. You have no desire to hold each other back, or control one another.
12. You function well as a team, and also has two individuals with unique talents and interests.
13. You each have your own goals and involvements, and support one another.
14. You fit right into each other’s families and friends.
15. You make each other feel confident, attractive, independent and proud.
16. You don’t need much to have a blast together. Sometimes it’s downright comical how much fun you have doing simple activities.
17. You like the little things about each other.
18. You try new adventures together.
19. You’re flexible with each other.
20. You’re open to compromise.
21. You work through the adversity of time, distance and changing circumstances in baby steps, and with diligent patience.
22. You don’t have hidden or unaddressed issues. You lay it all out on the table, because for better or for worse you let them see all sides of who you are with confidence and security.
23. You listen to each other.
24. You openly admit fault.
25. You don’t understand some of the issues of other couples.
26. You appreciate each other through it all, because you know that no matter what you face together, you’re supposed to be together. You rock at being best friends, which makes you an unstoppable couple. Go give each other a high-five or a fist-bump, because you’re pretty much kicking ass at this whole relationship thing.