Happy President’s Day everyone.
A Monday off work means sweatpants, hair in a bun, and watching Netflix. Or maybe it means running errands and playing catch-up. Or maybe your idea of a weekday free calls for lunch with your girlfriends and casual conversation.
Regardless of your style, President’s day often equates to time for people to actually enjoy a Monday. We often forget the significance of the day and with politics hot and heavy, it’s challenging to focus your appreciation on our historical leaders.
Well, here’s your chance to celebrate President’s Day by becoming inspired and empowered by the below quotes.
1. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
2. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
3. “It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
4. “I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” – George Washington
5. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” – Woodrow Wilson
6. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
7. “We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.” – Jimmy Carter
8. “When I do good I feel good when I do bad I feel bad, and that’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.” – Harry S. Truman
10. “Plans are nothing; planning is everything.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
11. “America’s present need is not heroics but healing; not nostrums but normalcy; not revolution but restoration; not surgery, but serenity.” – Warren G. Harding
12. “Words without actions are the assassins of idealism.” – Herbert Hoover
13. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
14. “I am not a party candidate, and if elected cannot be President of a party, but the President of the whole people.” – Zachary Taylor
15. “Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.” – John Quincy Adams
16. “Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.” – Andrew Jackson
17. “Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don’t win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.” – Richard Nixon18
18. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Regan
19. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
20. “Torture is how you create enemies, not how you defeat them.” – Barack Obama
21. “The bud of victory is always in the truth.” – Benjamin Harrison
22. “All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” – Calvin Coolidge
23. “Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children’s future. And we are all mortal.” – John F. Kennedy
24. BONUS Quote from First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt:
“Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.”